This week on Ethical Life with Amritaa De Silva, we make a hearty and healthy rice salad using some of the best rice from Saaraketha Organics.
Ingredients for Salad
· 1 cup red rice from Saaraketha Organics
· 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
· 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
· ½ cup chopped onion
· 1 cup chopped coriander
· 1 cup cut beans
· 1 cup chopped tomato
Ingredients for Dressing
· 1 lime
· salt & pepper
· 1 tsp sugar
· 2 tbsp olive oil
- Boil rice with excess water and drain when the rice is cooked. Rinse the drained rice with cold water.
- Boil the beans for 4-5 minutes and drain. Keep aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, squeeze a lime into a mix of olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Mix the dressing well and let it rest for the sugar to dissolve.
- In a large bowl, mix all the chopped vegetables into the cooled, boiled rice.
- Add the dressing to the salad mix as required.
- Garnish and serve.
PS: you can use corn, grilled mushrooms, kidney beans or even some tofu.
Produce provided by Saaraketha Organics