Win a trip to Dubai with Emirates and Daily Mirror Life
Food and travel enthusiasts have an opportunity to compete for a trip to Dubai and a visit to the world’s largest flight kitchen courtesy of Emirates, the award-winning airline and Daily Mirror Life.
Daily Mirror Life presents a competition titled ‘A Dash of Sri Lanka’ inviting readers to guess the missing ingredient in Emirates Airline’s recipe for ‘Fish Ambulthiyal’ – one of several Sri Lankan dishes served on board flights in the subcontinent region.
To be eligible to win the prize, readers of Daily Mirror Life must simply read the recipe, guess the missing ingredient and send their answers in using the methods explained on our Food Factor page on Thursday.
You may also email answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
The recipe and the coupon will be repeated every Thursday for the next three weeks and the winner will be selected at a draw of all correct entries.
Terms & Conditions
• The competition is conducted by Daily Mirror Life section. The winner will be chosen from all correct entries received and his/her name announced in the Daily Mirror Life. The decision of the panel of judges will be final.
• The competition is open to Sri Lankans over 21 (twenty-one) years of age who are legal residents of Sri Lanka.
• By participating in this competition, the participant gives Emirates and the Daily Mirror and other publications of the Wijeya Newspapers Group, the right to reproduce/publish his/her identity and image/s in post-competition publicity.
• Participation in the competition must be via the respective options provided to readers of the print editions of Daily Mirror and readers who access the newspaper online.
• Each submitted response must be accompanied by the name, contact number and email address of the submitter.
• Emirates will provide the winner one Economy Class return air ticket to Dubai, hotel accommodation on a Half Board basis for a minimum of two nights and a conducted tour of the Emirates Flight Catering facility in Dubai.
• The winner will receive a letter from Emirates that will be proof of his/her win and will be valid for 3 months from its date.
• Departing airport must be from Emirates points (i.e. Bandaranaike International Airport, Katunayake).
• Tickets must be issued within 3 months and travel must be completed within a year of the date of the confirmation letter.
• The prize winner is responsible for any applicable taxes. Emirates will not be responsible for insurance, visas or any additional expenses relating to the winner’s flights.
• Air travel and hotel accommodation will be subject to availability which will be advised at the time of booking, and travel booking must be done in consultation with the designated representative/s of Emirates Media Relations for the purpose of coordinating the visit to Emirates Flight Catering.
• Flight tickets are valid on Emirates only and are non-extendable, non-transferable, non-re-routable, non-endorsable and non-en-cashable and shall at all times be subject to availability and Emirates Conditions of Carriage and applicable ticket conditions as set out on the Emirates website.
• The prize includes nothing other than that expressly stated to be included as part of the Prize. Proof of age may be required before the prize can be given. Emirates reserves the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal or greater value, should the need reasonably arise.
• If the prize winner is unable to utilise the flights no cash alternative will be provided. All travel documentation and visas must be up to date and are the responsibility of the Winner. Flight tickets do not include access to the Emirates Lounges. Skywards miles are not accruable on the flights.
• Once the tickets are issued, any change in travel dates on the part of the prize winner will be subject to a fee payable by the prize winner.
• Emirates will not be liable to perform any of its obligations under these Terms where it is unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
• Participation in the competition does not confer on the entrant any rights in or over any intellectual property arising in connection with the competition.
• The selection of winners for consolation prizes (if any) will also be done by the panel of judges, whose decision will be final.
• These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with laws of Dubai, and as applicable the UAE, and the Dubai courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising.