Jan 08 2020. view 59
This year starts with a colourful bang. I’m sure we can all agree we are never too old to get into our favourite Marvel prints, and with the geek community creating more awareness with comic con it’s a trend which only keep on growing
But it’s sad when we see fake prints you know you are NOT enjoying the real thing. LICC signed up with Disney India for Disney, Marvel & Star Wars youth category clothing in May 2019 and it’s great, now we can buy the real deal locally
Today I got myself into some of these prints to keep the fever alive and I must say - it feels comfortable yet keeping the COOL alive
1. When did LICC sign up with Marvel, and how has the feedback been? LiCC signed up with Disney India for Disney, Marvel & Star Wars youth category clothing in May 2019. Since then we have had a fabulous response from the consumers as well as fashion retailers.
2. How does the Team work on the prints? All prints / designs are pre-approved by Disney prior to production. This is to ensure the authenticity of the product/design. So when you buy it you know you are dressed in an original
3. Are these prints affiliated with the international brand? Yes. and that’s what’s makes it special and we make sure our quality of both the print and the Tshirt always matches the best quality
4. About the fabrics? How did you finalise the colours? The fabrics and colours were selected to suit the tropical conditions of Sri Lanka. Keeping it easy and lite - we also wanted it to be vibrant after all you want to have fun with these prints
5. Which character or Marvel figures has been the most selling? Spider-Man has been the most sold character so far. And seems like he is not slowing down it’s always HOT off our shelves
6. What made you bring this to Sri Lanka? We understood the potential for Marvel & Disney Apparels but not everyone could afford a licensed product. We wanted our consumers to enjoy authentic products at an affordable price.
7. We find so many fake in the market, how do we differentiate? - All licensed products come with the official Marvel / Disney tags. In addition to the tag the licensee’s details should be printed on all garments to ensure it’s an authorised / authentic product.
8. What's next for the brand? For 2020 - 2020 and beyond will be an exciting journey with more customer engagement activities and a wide range of products to be launched under Marvel and Disney
Designer – Team LICC
Photographer – You’re my Favourite